Blame it on the moon, Mercury retrograde or a streak of bad luck, but not all days go as smooth as butter. These are the moments you want to eat your sorrows away with a bowl of ice cream or plate full of cookies. And that’s actually not a bad idea. Using only four pantry ingredients, you can make a guilt-free, gluten-free batch of coconut butter cookies. Coconut butter is even silkier than the traditional spread, which you’ll notice by how easy each bite goes down. All of a sudden, your day is looking up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, honey and coconut butter. Stir to combine.
- Slowly stir in almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, until mixture becomes doughy.
- Using your hands, roll batter into balls and place on a nonstick cookie sheet. Press to flatten into cookie rounds.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to crisp.
Note: to make a fancy design, press dough with a meat tenderizer or fork tines before baking.