You wouldn’t serve your significant other breakfast in bed if it wasn’t worth devouring. No, you would pour your heart into the dish to make sure your sweetie savors every single bite. That’s why when you really want a meal that’ll make memories, you make crepes. Stuffed with fresh fruit and drizzled with dark chocolate, these I-can’t-believe-I’m-not-in-Paris cassava-flour crepes are the epitome of love on a plate. If you want to go pro, shape some strawberries into hearts and serve with a frothy cappuccino. Who could resist?
Stuffing: 1 medium banana
- In a large bowl, add all crepe ingredients. Use an electric mixer to beat until frothy.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium. Once warm, use a ladle to pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet, swirling to cover the entire bottom.
- Cook until golden brown and beginning to form pockets. Flip and continue to cook until golden on the other side.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat until all batter is used, about 11 crepes total.
- To prepare the stuffing, simply cut banana into 3 equal sections. Slice each section into thick, coin-shaped pieces.
- Lay banana coins down the center of each crepe. Roll up as if you’re making a taco.
- Prepare chocolate drizzle by adding dark chocolate bar and almond milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and heat another 30 seconds if needed.
- Place three stuffed crepes on a plate, and use a spoon or fork to drizzle chocolate over top. Add strawberries or other garnishes, if desired.
- Save remaining crepes for lunch and dinner in bed.