There’s a good reason so many of your health-minded friends prepare their meals ahead of time. Meal prepping helps save a lot of time and money throughout the week—and stress! Think about how much easier busy mornings would be if you could just grab a jar from the fridge and voilà—a healthy lunch to go! Here’s one simple and tasty recipe to get you started. This recipe makes enough for 4 mason jars, so you’ve basically got lunch taken care of for the week!
1 batch Gluten-Free Chicken Bites (for vegetarian, use tofu or garbanzo beans)
1 jar Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1 tsp. Redmond Real Garlic Salt
1/2 head lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, small dice
1 cucumber, small dice
1 carrot, shredded
1 big handful fresh basil
4 mason jars
- In each mason jar, add 2 1/2 Tbsp. of Primal Kitchen Mayo.
- Add equal amounts of prepared chicken, tofu or garbanzo beans to each jar.
- Divide diced tomatoes into fourths and place in jars, followed by 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder in each jar.
- Divide diced cucumber into fourths and place in jars, followed by 1/4 tsp. of garlic seat in each jar.
- Add carrots to each jar and top with lettuce and basil.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, shake up jar and pour onto plate or into bowl to eat.