The secret to a great salad is in the prep. In this 20-minute dish, sautéed chicken is coated in a creamy sunflower seed butter and avocado oil mayo dressing before being tossed with crisp romaine lettuce and sweet apple pieces. Adding the dressing to the chicken ensures the meat is completely covered with the smooth, homemade sauce. Plus, it keeps the lettuce crisp! The dressing is so simple and satisfying, we think you’ll find yourself adding it to other meals too, like over these black bean burger patties or with this crunchy turmeric chicken tender salad.
Chicken Salad with Creamy Sunflower Seed Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 lb. organic chicken sliced or cubed
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- 1/3 cup SunButter Organic Sunflower Butter
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 head romaine lettuce diced
- 1 apple cubed
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Black Pepper Ground
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
In frying pan over medium-high heat, combine coconut oil, chicken, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté 7 to 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sunflower seed butter, sunflower seeds, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Pour dressing into frying pan, coating chicken.
In large bowl, toss together lettuce, apple and chicken.