It’s a chilly afternoon and you’ve just sat down to enjoy a cozy cup of tea. What are you going to munch on? A slice of cake might be going too far, but a chocolate chip cookie hits the spot. Better yet, nibble on these chocolate chip cookies with matcha green tea powder. The green tea powder in these cookies compliments your blissful brew, but lemon, coconut and chocolate chips bring about an exciting flavor. Tastes like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
1 tsp. matcha green tea powder
1 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup turbinado sugar (or raw honey)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine matcha, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Process until pumpkin seeds are mostly ground and ingredients combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop out dough by the tablespoon and place each on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown on the edges.
Following a gluten-free diet? Be sure to check out Vitacost.com’s large selection of gluten-free favorites!