Have you had your fill of pies yet? Not a chance! However, certain kinds, like pumpkin and apple, might be a tad overdone. Here’s one you probably haven’t had in spades recently: chocolate coconut cream! Almonds, raisins and shredded coconut are pulsed together to make the crumbly crust, while coconut milk, cacao powder and dark chocolate combine in the cream-filled center. Plus, made in cupcake molds, these no-bake mini pies are the perfect serving size!
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse almonds until almost smooth. Add coconut, raisins, water and flaxseed and pulse until well combined. If the mixture is not sticking together, add another tablespoon of water.
- Add about 1 heaping tablespoon of crust mixture into 12 silicone cupcake molds. Press down the with the back of a spoon to smooth out crust. Place molds in freezer while you prepare filling.
- Place a large mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for about 10 minutes before starting.
- In the chilled bowl, slowly whip refrigerated coconut milk with a handheld mixer, gradually increasing the speed. Whip on high for about 30 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate, cacao powder, sugar and vanilla to bowl. Whisk on medium-high speed until fully combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Remove cupcake molds from freezer. Use a 1-inch scoop to spoon filling onto crust. Use 2 scoops for each cupcake. Place mold back in freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Serve frozen, sprinkled with chocolate and coconut.