Get your double boiler ready. You’ll want to start melting dark chocolate as soon as possible—because these vegan truffles are not going to make themselves! After stuffing tart, juicy cherries into cookie dough, you’ll coat them with chocolate and sprinkle bits of pistachio and peppermint on top. In the end, you’ll get delicious dessert balls—and the perfect holiday gift!
- Use a 1-inch scoop and fill it halfway with cookie dough. Create a small indentation in the center with your finger and press a cherry into the crater. Cover with additional cookie dough to create a ball. Place ball onto a large plate. Continue until all cookie dough has been used. Place cookie dough in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate. Place chocolate chips in a large glass bowl. Heat the glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water until chocolate has melted.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper. Using a fork, lower the cookie dough balls into the melted chocolate and cover completely, tapping off an excess chocolate. Place chocolate-covered balls on prepared plate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and pistachios before the chocolate hardens.
- Let balls chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- To make the green pistachios even brighter, toss pistachios with matcha powder.
- Store extras in an airtight container for 2 weeks in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.