Reminiscent of your favorite frozen dessert but a whole lot nicer, this vegan-friendly ice cream is made with superfood ingredients. While most dairy-free ice cream alternatives use bananas as a base, this clever version gets its creamy texture – and a bounty of nutritional benefits – from hemp milk and hemp hearts. The nutty hemp, rich chocolate and sunflower seed butter come together in a swirl of delightful flavors that’ll satiate your cravings without leaving you bloated or tired. Sorry dairy-laden ice creams, but we think it’s nice when everyone can have some.
Chocolate Hemp “Nice” Cream
- 2 cups Nutiva Organic Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 3-1/2 cups hemp milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. pHresh Products Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1 bar Hu Simple Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
Combine hemp hearts and hemp milk; let soak overnight. Do not drain.
In blender, combine hemp hearts and hemp milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cacao powder, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Blend until completely smooth and whipped. Pour into sealable container.
Melt chocolate bar; drizzle over ice cream mixture. Spoon in sunflower butter to give swirl effect. Freeze overnight.