Don’t fall to pieces. Let your breakfast do that. When your morning meal is made with a crumbly cinnamon-sugar topping, it will either make its way into your mouth or to the bottom of your coffee mug. Both are perfectly acceptable. After all, cinnamon crumb cake only jives with java or milk. So pour yourself a glass, sit down with a good read and start your day with a cut of cake. Each serving is under 200 calories and offers nearly 7 grams of protein. With that kind of good eating, you’ll feel nothing but whole.
Makes 16 squares
Macros per square: 167 calories | 6.6 g protein | 20.3 g carbs | 7.5 g fat | 8.1 g sugar | 1.9 g fiber
1-1/2 cups Vitacost Gluten-Free Baking Flour
2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Coconut Sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup Vitacost Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup Vitacost Gluten-Free Baking Flour
1/2 scoop ARO Vanilla Whey Protein PLUS
1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Cinnamon
1/4 cup ghee, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8” x 8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cashew butter, applesauce, coconut milk and eggs until well combined.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Pour cake batter into baking dish, using a spatula to smooth down.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all topping ingredients. Evenly sprinkle topping over cake batter.
- Bake 34-38 minutes, or until cake turns golden brown. Let cool before serving.