While you may have taken a turmeric supplement, tried a turmeric latte or become familiar with the spice through your love of Indian cuisine, it’s unlikely you’ve encountered many sweet turmeric recipes. Enter these cinnamon-pecan mini muffins. Bite sized and sweet (but not too sweet) with a slight crunch from the pecans, they make the perfect on-the-go snack or guilt-free dessert. Give them a try for a delicious way to get your daily dose of turmeric.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil or line mini-muffin tin.
- Prepare chia-flax eggs and set aside until gelatinous.
- In mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, almond meal, cinnamon and turmeric.
- Add almond milk, vinegar and dates to eggs and stir into dry mixture. Fold pecans into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin and bake 17 to 20 minutes, or until fork comes out clean in center.