Chase away all your cares with these cherry-infused, delight-inducing coconut cups. In each mini-cupcake-sized dessert cup, you get two layers of frozen coconut-cherry cream sandwiched around tart cherry filling. But taste isn’t the only perk here. Ingredients like protein powder, xylitol, coconut cream and coconut butter make these better for you than other frozen treats.
Makes 16 cups
Macros per serving: 122 calories | 2.4 g protein | 10.7 g carbs | 8.8 g fat | 5.3 g sugar | 1.7 g fiber
Coconut Cherry Filling
- Place 16 mini silicone cupcake liners on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine ingredients for cherry filling and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick. Then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, combine ingredients for coconut cherry filling. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. coconut cherry filling into each liner, top with 1/2 tsp. cherry filling and add additional 1 Tbsp. coconut cherry filling for top layer. If desired, sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Freeze cups for at least 3 hours.