When it comes to coconut curry, home cooks often err on the side of take-out. Sometimes it’s best to leave exotic dishes up to the experts. But this recipe makes an easy and more accessible vegan version of coconut curry that anyone can create in their own kitchen without breaking a sweat. And, since the creamy curry sauce is served over hearty red lentil pasta, you get a dish that’s as comforting as a big bowl of noodles. Dig in!
Recipe inspired by Lori Hirsch Stokoe at Taste With the Eyes
1 box Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne
1 brown or yellow onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1-1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 inch ginger knob, minced or grated
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1-1/2 Tbsp. red curry paste
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 So Delicious Organic Culinary Coconut Milk
1 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Sugar
1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
Garnish: fresh cilantro, basil and diced shallots.
- Cook lentil penne according to package directions.
- In a wok over medium heat, cook onion until soft. Add garlic, ginger, chili powder, red curry paste and yellow pepper and stir. Cook for another minute.
- Add zucchini, coconut milk, turmeric, black pepper and coconut sugar. Cook until zucchini is soft.
- Add cooked pasta to wok and stir to combine.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, basil and shallots. If desired, serve with nut-based yogurt.