Routines are, well…routine. In fact, your lunch is so consistently consistent you’ve set off the snooze button. It’s time to stop picking at that boring bowl of leafy greens and try something new. You don’t have to venture far – just to some fruits and fresh herbs. There, you’ll find this refreshing fennel salad with two varieties of apples. The whole mix is sweet and tangy with a tiny bite of anise. Your salad bowl may find it unconventional, but your taste buds will welcome the excitement.
Makes 6 servings
Macros per serving: 105 calories | 6 g net carbs | 1 g protein
1 large fennel bulb
1 small Fuji apple, diced
1 small Granny Smith apple, diced
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. spicy brown mustard
Salt to taste
- Remove stem of fennel bulb and dice bulb.
- In a large mixing bowl, add diced fennel, diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, vinegar and mustard until well combined.
- Pour oil mixture over apple mixture and toss to incorporate.
- Season with salt to taste.