Do you feel like your diet interferes with your dreams of grand brunches? When the thought of breakfast gets boring, it’s time to add a new dish to the mix. These waffles are gluten-free, keto-friendly and everything you need to re-spark your excitement over the most important meal of the day. Top them with your favorite fixings and enjoy your morning meal with a fresh new perspective.
1 organic egg, separated
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
1/4 cup Organic Gemini TigerNut Flour
1/2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. SunButter sunflower butter
2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
1/4 cup Milkadamia macadamia nut milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- In blender, beat egg white until stiff. In bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar.
- In small pot over low heat, melt sunflower butter and coconut oil; fold into flour mixture. Stir in egg yolk, macadamia nut milk and vanilla.
- Fold egg whites into batter, taking care to not overmix (batter should be light and fluffy).
- In waffle iron, cook batter about 5 minutes or until done.