Have you noticed the fish taco fad? They seem to be trending on restaurant menus everywhere – and for good reason! In this recipe (a twist on traditional tacos), mahi is a great source of filling protein and a tasty and lower fat alternative to typical taco fillings like turkey and ground beef. Add your favorite Southwest toppings and stuff everything into a gluten-free wrap – dinner’s done!
- 1 Mahi Mahi filet, cooked any way you like (grilled, pan fried, baked)and cut into strips or pieces
- 2 gluten-free wraps
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 slices tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons organic salsa
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoons sour cream
- Cilantro leaf flakes to taste
- Any other fillings you prefer (avocado, mango, bell pepper, etc.)
- In a small bowl, mix together diced tomato and onion. Sprinkle with cilantro and combine.
- Microwave the wraps, wrapped in a wet paper towel to hold in moisture, for 20 seconds.
- Put the fish and any toppings you’d like in the wrap!