Can’t stomach sweets in the morning? You may miss out on pancakes and hand pies, but a sugar high isn’t how you want to start the day. Besides, you’d rather get your buzz from cold-brewed black coffee. Good for you, but your cup still needs a companion – one you can really sink your teeth into. And if you think donuts aren’t the answer, you haven’t had a bite of peanut butter glazed donuts. The typical sweetness of a donut is overcome by layers of savory peanut butter that shows up in the batter and in the glaze. Home-baked in mini-size portions, your stomach will be happy to handle a handful.
Makes 20 mini donuts
Macros per mini: 72 calories | 4.1 g protein | 5.7 g carbs | 4.5 g fat | 0 g sugar | 1 g fiber
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Smooth & Unsalted Peanut Butter
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup oat flour
1/4 cup Vitacost Almond Flour
1 scoop ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1/4 cup Vitacost Xylitol
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Powdered Peanut Butter SLIM™
1/4 scoop ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1/4 cup Vitacost Powdered Peanut Butter SLIM™
2 Tbsp. melted Vitacost Extra-Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, almond milk and egg until smooth.
- Add remaining donut ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into greased donut wells and bake 8-12 minutes. Let cool.
- While baking, prepare glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients until completely smooth. Drizzle over each cooled donut. Let glaze set a little before serving.