Bored of the same afternoon snack? Tired of trying to fight sweet-tooth attacks? Drop a keto fat bomb on your cravings. Made without dairy, grains or gluten, these coconut balls fit into almost any diet. Proceed with caution, though. Mixing maca into the batter adds a healthful, energizing boost that may keep you powered for hours. Maybe it’s a win-win, after all.
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, add almond butter, coconut oil, flax seeds, maca powder and rose water. Process until well combined.
2. Refrigerate batter until semi-firm but still pliable.
3. Using about a tablespoon of batter, roll into balls.
4. Coat each ball with shredded coconut until completely covered.
5. Sprinkle with pink salt, if desired.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.