When you think about college, you apply to the best and brightest. When you look for that lifelong soul mate, you raise the bar up a notch. And when you go to buy a house, you set your sights on the neighborhood with great schools and tree-lined streets. Your standards for dessert should be no different. The scoops and scoops of protein make it a smart indulgence that elevates your good eating habits – and never drags you down. Don’t’ worry if it’s not picture-perfect. This cake won’t be hanging around for long.
3 scoops (about 75 g) vanilla protein powder
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 3 round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all protein cake ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly among the 3 pans.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking, prepare frosting in a medium bowl. Add ingredients and mix thoroughly until all protein powder is well incorporated. Store in fridge until cakes are finished baking.
- Once cakes are cooled, spread frosting over one cake round, place a second cake round on top and spread frosting over it. Place third cake round on top and cover with remaining frosting.