Frazzled? Overwhelmed? While chocolate chip cookies may calm a sweet craving, lavender-lemon cookies will soothe all your senses. Infused with lavender tea and spiked with the zest of lemon, these treats are designed to make you feel warm fuzzy – especially after a long, hard day. Stress eating suddenly has a whole new meaning.
Makes: 14 cookies
1-1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp. pink salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. organic lavender tea, leaves removed
1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed plus 3 Tbsp. water (or use 1 whole egg)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or grease with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and tea leaves.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flax egg, coconut oil, applesauce, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to dry and stir to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Scoop about 2 tablespoons batter per cookie onto prepared baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches between cookies, as batter will spread out during baking.
6. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden.
7. Let cool before serving with a warm cup of tea.