Let the sunshine in! Whether it’s literally raining outside or you just can’t shake the cloud overhead, a sweet breakfast bread can bring a ray of light into your home. You won’t exactly make lemonade from lemons, but it’s the same idea. This recipe starts with fresh-squeezed lemons. However, it’s the finishing touch that will instantly make your day feel warm and sunny. Welcome home a sugary, blood-orange glaze over a light lemon loaf, and you’ll never see gray again.
Makes 12 servings
Macros per serving: 194 calories | 10.7 g protein | 22.4 g carbs | 9.2 g fat | 4.4 g sugar | 3 g fiber
4 egg whites
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup coconut butter, melted
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup Vitacost Almond Flour
1/2 cup Vitacost Xylitol
2 tsp. baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 blood orange
Blood Orange Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg whites, yogurt, coconut butter and lemon juice.
- Add remaining loaf ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, using a spoon to smooth it down.
- Bake 38-44 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool while you prepare the glaze.
- In a small bowl, add all glaze ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled loaf, slice and serve.