Having trouble sticking with your healthy diet? Eating meals with plenty of vegetables is one way to ensure you’re nourishing your body the right way. Pasta or grains tossed with veggies are a good option, but you can do better. How about a steak? No, we’re not talking about filet mignon, we’re talking about thick, flat slices of cauliflower marinated in a zesty lemon-pepper sauce. Serve it alongside roasted potatoes, carrots and pearl onions for a meal your health coach will love.
Serves 2 – 3
16-18 small potatoes, halved
12 baby carrots
1/3 cup pearl onions, optional
2 Tbsp. vegetable stock
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Fresh thyme, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Green onions, diced to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix steak ingredients (except for cauliflower), adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sliced cauliflower into a shallow dish or pan and coat with marinade. (Reserve part of the marinade for later.)
- In a large bowl, toss halved potatoes and baby carrots with vegetable stock, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower, potatoes and carrots on prepared baking sheet in a flat, single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and flip, coating the cauliflower with more marinade. Add pearl onions and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- To serve, drizzle any remaining marinade on steaks. Garnish with green onion.