Rich in healthy nutrients and flavor, these poppin’ poppy seed muffins will surely level up your breakfast game. Each bite is infused with sweet, fresh mango puree to add a tropical touch to your morning. What’s more is that mango contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals, which classifies this fruit as a superfood. Plus, poppy seeds are an exceptionally nutrient-dense source of calcium, magnesium, iron and B vitamins. Make this simple and delicious, five-step recipe to kick off your day in a bright way!
Mango Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 6 oz. Vitacost Organic Light Brown Sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- Pinch lime zest
- 1 cup mango puree (see notes section)
- 2 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Shiloh Farms Organic Poppy Seeds
Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line muffin pan.
In bowl, whisk avocado oil, butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, lime zest and mango puree. Whisk to combine and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift mixture three times (this step will yield extra-fluffy muffins!).
In large bowl, combine both wet and dry ingredients and stir in poppy seeds until combined.
Scoop batter into lined muffin pan cups – fill each cup close to the top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden. To see if they’re ready, insert toothpick into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, remove and cool on wire rack before serving.
- For homemade mango puree, cut large mango into chunks and blend. The mixture acts as a natural thickener and sweetener.
- Store muffins in tin box or glass cake stand with cover for up to three days on counter. Muffins can last up to eight days in refrigerator.
- To order these ingredients from one convenient place, visit Vitacost.com – or click here to add to cart!