Shiloh Farms Organic Poppy Seeds Description
- Shiloh Farms Real Food Since 1942
- Wholesome, Healthy Foods
- USDA Organic
SHILOH FARMS looks to the fullness of nature's bounty for products made with only the purest ingredients. Never fake, never artificial - only authentic, wholesome flavor, the way nature intended!
Organic • Non-GMO • Kosher
They may be tiny, but poppy seeds are big where it counts - flavor and nutrition! Nutty with hints of sweet and spice, they are an exceptionally nutrient-dense source of calcium, magnesium, iron and B Vitamins.
Found in cuisines worldwide, poppy seeds are an especially popular ingredient in Central and Eastern European pastries, rolls and other baked goods.
• Top oatmeal, yogurt, ice cream, or fruit salads.
• Sprinkle over noodles, potatoes, curries or roasted vegetables.
• Add crunch and texture to smoothies or shakes.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 tsp. (3 g)
Servings per Container: About 75
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||1 g||0%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||2%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic poppy seeds.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy & tree nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mango Poppy Seed Muffins
Rich in healthy nutrients and
flavor, these poppin’ poppy seed muffins will surely level up your breakfast game. Each bite is infused with sweet, fresh mango puree to add a tropical touch to your morning. What's more is that mango contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals, which classifies this fruit as a superfood
. Plus, poppy seeds
are an exceptionally nutrient-dense source of calcium, magnesium, iron and B vitamins. Make this simple and delicious, five-step recipe to kick off your day in a bright way!
Mango Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 eggs ((room temperature))
- 6 oz. Vitacost Organic Light Brown Sugar (or monk fruit sweetener)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup butter ((room temperature))
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- Pinch lime zest
- 1 cup mango puree ((see notes section))
- 2 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Shiloh Farms Organic Poppy Seeds
Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line muffin pan.
- In bowl, whisk avocado oil, butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, lime zest and mango puree. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift mixture three times (this step will yield extra-fluffy muffins!).
- In large bowl, combine both wet and dry ingredients and stir in poppy seeds until combined.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin pan cups – fill each cup close to the top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden. To see if they’re ready, insert toothpick into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, remove and cool on wire rack before serving.
- For homemade mango puree, cut large mango into chunks and blend. The mixture acts as a natural thickener and sweetener.
- Store muffins in tin box or glass cake stand with cover for up to three days on counter. Muffins can last up to eight days in refrigerator.
- To order these ingredients from one convenient place, visit Vitacost.com – or click here to add to cart!