Maple. Bacon. Pumpkin. Is there a better sweet-and-salty combination out there? We dare you to try these frosted pumpkin squares and say otherwise. The base is a gluten-free twist on everyone’s favorite orange, cake-y dessert classic. But the frosting on top makes it even more special, combining cream cheese, powdered sugar and maple syrup for a sweet and silky smooth layer that’s lick-the-spatula good. Crumbled bacon on top is the finishing touch that’ll really get your friends and family talking (with their mouths full, of course).
For the bars:
For the frosting:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all pumpkin bar ingredients and pour into 8×8 pan.
3. Bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes (until center is cooked through).
4. In a skillet, cook 6 slices of bacon on medium-high heat until crispy.
5. Chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
6. Remove pumpkin bars from oven and let cool.
7. In a bowl or mixer, combine frosting ingredients.
8. Frost cooled pumpkin bars and top with chopped bacon.