Mama always said “eat more greens.” Maybe if she had been a little more specific you wouldn’t have made these matcha cupcakes. Not only is the batter infused with pure green tea powder, but the sweet cream cheese frosting flaunts the colorful catechins, too. The catechins are what give you a nice boost of antioxidants. While the nutrients can’t compare to a cup of spinach, there’s still plenty of goodness in these greens.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, add all cupcake ingredients, except almond milk. Stir until combined.
3. Slowly add almond milk until you achieve a thin consistency.
4. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each well almost all the way up.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool while you prepare frosting.
6. In a medium bowl, add all frosting ingredients. Using a hand mixer, beat until completely smooth.
7. Spoon frosting into a piping bag or zip-top bag with a corner cut off, and pipe on top of cooled cupcakes.
8. Sprinkle extra matcha powder on top and serve.