You could go with the American flag fruit pizza or spend hours making a three-layered cake. But you want your Fourth of July recipe to pop, sparkle and amaze. This is no easy mission. You’ll need to hone in on a few tried-and-true tricks to do it right. First, give the crowd a mouthwatering experience. (Ice-cold treat: check!) Next, make sure the flavors set off like a firecracker. (Is there anything more summery than lemonade and berries? Check!) And last but far from least, don’t skimp on the red, white and blue. (Cream cheese, coconut milk and a bushel of berries creates a patriotic pie. Colors: check!) Now head to the kitchen and earn your stripes.
Makes 6 mini pies
Macros per serving: 200 calories | 9 g protein | 11.8 g carbs | 14.3 g fat | 7.8 g sugar | 1.5 g fiber
2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Raw & Unfiltered Honey
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. coconut milk
5 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Coconut Oil
3/4 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- Prepare a muffin pan with 6 silicone cupcake liners or paper liners. Set aside.
- Add protein powder, honey, cream cheese, coconut milk and lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- While processor is on, slowly add coconut milk. Continue to blend until mixtures is well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin pan, filling each well about 2/3 full.
- Top each pie with mixed berries of your choice. Place on flat surface in freezer and let set for at least 2 hours, or until pie filling is fully frozen.
- When ready to eat, remove pies from cupcake liners and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.