Looking for a dinner to impress? How about an Italian-favorite comfort food? This risotto is satisfying, rich, and each bite is bursting with a flavor that’ll leave everyone in creamy mushroom heaven. Whether you’re feeding a few close friends or your entire extended family, this recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all. Don’t be surprised when you’re asked to host again and again.
1 lb. baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 lb. white mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 shallots, diced
1 bunch asparagus, chopped into quarters
6 cups chicken broth
4 Tbsp. olive oil
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
Sea salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
- In saucepan, heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil on medium-high heat, then add mushrooms and asparagus. Cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice, stir to coat with oil for about 2 minutes. When rice looks pale, pour in wine; stir until absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth and stir until absorbed. Continue to add 1/2 cup of broth at a time and cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add mushrooms, asparagus and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.