Rice Select Organic Arborio Italian Style Rice Description
1 cup uncooked rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup chopped onion
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth, salt and pepper (optional)
Sauté Onion in oil and butter for 3 minutes. Add rice stirring for about 2 minutes, stir in 1 cup of broth. Continue cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed
Gradually stir in remaining broth 1 cup at a times, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup.
GMOs and BPA
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (46 g)
Servings per Container: About 19
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g||12%|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic arborio rice.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Creamy Vegan Vegetable Risotto
Risotto, the traditional Italian creamy rice dish, may be too rich for some, with ingredients like butter, oil and parmesan cheese in the mix. This vegan version is made healthier and more nutritious with plant-based ingredients and a rainbow of vegetables. While not totally traditional, it’s equally delicious and will lift your energy instead of sap it. It cooks up quickly and is a versatile side dish that complements just about any main.
Creamy Vegan Vegetable Risotto
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears (ends trimmed, chopped)
- 1 medium yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 small bunch broccolini (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (can use parmesan cheese, if desired)
- In large saucepan, cook asparagus in vegetable broth, boiling until slightly tender. Remove asparagus and set aside. Next, add broccolini, carrots and peppers to same broth, boiling until just slightly tender. Remove veggies and set aside.
- To broth, add white wine, salt and pepper. Lower heat to simmer. Broth to be used in rice step.
- In large high-rim pan over medium-high, sauté garlic in olive oil, then add shallot and cook until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until center of grains become white (should take less than one minute.) Reduce heat to low.
- Ladle 1 cup of reserved broth to rice pan and stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring to incorporate, always bringing back to simmer until rice is “al dente” (cooked through but not mushy), about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in “cheese” and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Add the ingredients to your cart and get started!