It’s time to pass pumpkin season and move on to peppermint. From warming lattes to crunchy candy canes, you’re going to get your fill of peppermint-flavored goodies. For a healthy and unique way to eat up the deliciousness, make this egg-, dairy- and gluten-free peppermint chocolate pie. No baking is necessary for this easy-to-make, 3-layered dessert. Simple yet so delicious – what could be better?
3/4 cup coconut cream (top layer from full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight)
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
2 squares dark chocolate, shaved
- To make crust, pulse cookies in food processor with coconut oil until crushed.
- In pie pan, press cookies into bottom and refrigerate to set.
- To make filling, add ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over set pie crust and return to fridge to chill.
- To make topping, whisk together coconut cream, maple syrup and peppermint extract. Chill separately from pie until thick. Then, spoon over pie as top layer. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. If desired, add fresh fruit as topping.
- Return pie to fridge and chill until serving.