How far have you gone with hemp seeds? A sprinkle in your smoothie? A swirl in your oatmeal? Get hip to a new use for these tiny treasures of pure plant nutrition, far beyond the usual quick breakfast boost. Next time baked chicken’s on the menu, bypass boring breadcrumbs and average oats for your coating. Instead, shake up a mixture of shelled hemp seeds, herbs and spices for a crispy crunch with tons of texture and added omega goodness. Fake frying has never been healthier!
Oven-Baked Hemp Seed-Encrusted Chicken
Makes 4 servings
½ cup hemp seeds
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
4 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients except chicken breasts.
- Dip chicken breasts in mixture to coat, rolling to cover all sides.
- Arrange coated chicken breasts on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.