Almonds are known for bringing joy. So imagine the smiles they’ll inspire when paired with other healthy dessert ingredients and baked into a treat more tempting than any candy bar. Paleo-friendly and gluten free, these brownies will satisfy even the strongest vending-machine-seeking sweet tooth but won’t send you spinning and crashing from processed white sugar overload. Sprinkle on additional nuts and coconut shreds for an extra serving of happy!
Paleo Almond-Coconut Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut milk, then transfer to mixing bowl. Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in almond flour, shredded coconut, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish (or two 8×8 baking dishes) with coconut oil.
- Spread batter evenly, then add almonds and extra shredded coconut if desired.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.