Looking for a sweet way to add some more pumpkin spice to your life? These moist muffins (thanks to trusty coconut oil!) are full of seasonal flavors and free of excess butter and sugar. Devour them plain or top with my 2-ingredient peanut butter frosting (below) and chocolate chips. A great breakfast option, these muffins pair well with a mug of chai tea and have just the right amount of pumpkin spice to start your day. This recipe produces four muffins, so adjust ingredients as needed if you plan on sharing these delicious baked delights!
Pumpkin-Coconut Muffins with Peanut Butter Frosting
Nutrition information: 229 calories, 18g net carbs, 7g protein per muffin
1/2 cup Vitacost oats
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup Vitacost peanut butter powder
1 jumbo egg
3 Tbsp. shredded coconut, unsweetened
3 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. Vitacost coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 Tbsp. Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate baking chips
1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind oats into powder form.
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except for peanut butter powder, chocolate and water.
- Line four muffin tin wells and spoon batter equally into each; bake for 20-35 minutes.
- To make frosting, combine peanut butter powder and water to frosting-like consistency.
- When ready, spread frosting evenly on each cupcake and top with chocolate chips. Store leftovers in fridge.