Impress friends and family at your next backyard barbecue with this mouth-watering watermelon gazpacho. The refreshing combination of watermelon, tomatoes and cucumber mingle flawlessly with a touch of savory herbs and spices. The best part – no stove (or grill) needed! This chilled – and vegan-friendly – soup blends quickly with the touch of a button.
Quick Watermelon Gazpacho
- 4 cups watermelon cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes quartered
- ½ English cucumber sliced
- ½ red bell pepper cut into chunks
- ½ small red onion quartered
- 1 large garlic clove
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper or more to taste
- ¼ tsp. cumin
Optional: Diced cucumbers, red bell pepper and basil leaves for garnish
In blender or large food processor, combine all ingredients. Puree until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a large bowl with lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve chilled with diced cucumbers, red bell pepper and basil leaves as garnish.