When you knock out rice from your diet, it can feel like you’ve actually built a roadblock. After all, how will you ever eat sushi on a grain-free diet? Sure, you could stick with sashimi, but not everyone enjoys raw fish on its own. That’s why cauliflower is the clear path to a paleo-style sushi roll. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll please – and surprise – dinner guests. Plus, you’ll be able to keep your eating habits headed in the right direction.
- Using a food processor or food mill, grate cauliflower.
- In a large, flat dish, mash cauliflower with avocado.
- Add lemon juice and mix until well combined. (This will help delay browning of the avocado.)
- Lay Nori sheets flat on a baking sheet.
- Divide cauliflower-avocado mixture into four sections. Scoop mixture onto one side of each Nori sheet, leaving a small border.
- Lay raw fish on top of cauliflower-avocado spread, sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with grated ginger.
- Using a sushi mat lined with plastic wrap, tightly roll up Nori sheets.
- Cut into sushi rolls and serve immediately.
- Serve with liquid coconut aminos in place of soy sauce.