You’ve made it to Wednesday, eating spinach salad for lunch and frozen broccoli at dinner. But that well has run dry, and the dinner bell is about to ring. When your meal prepping efforts don’t last long enough, you need another easy green to whip up on the fly. Roasted asparagus is officially your mid-week veggie. It may sound involved, but this recipe is as simple as turning on the oven. Seasoning with salt and pepper is optional, but adding nutritional yeast is not. You’re going to want that cheezy flavor – especially if it’s going to carry you into the weekend.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Remove bottoms of asparagus and place in a bowl.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Transfer asparagus to baking sheet, spreading out the spears.
5. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
6. Roast 25 minutes, or until tender but slightly crisp.