Walk faster. Avert your eyes. You can’t handle those cute little cookie dealers any longer. It’s too early in the year to be breaking your healthy habits. But how do you avoid it? Bake your own. Except cookies won’t be enough to quell your cravings. You need these donuts to deliver more than a two-bite treat. The coconut-and-caramel coating with dark chocolate drizzle is all made from whole-food, gluten-free pantry staples to create a spot-on sensation. After only one donut, you’ll have newfound willpower to walk away – slowly and confidently. For the rest of the batch, set up a table and sell those sweet things!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a donut pan with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, add all donut batter ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Pour batter into greased donut pan and bake 15 minutes, or until golden.
4. In a heat-safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate chips 30 seconds, or until completely smooth and melted. Stir and heat another 30 seconds, if needed.
5. Dip the bottom of each donut into melted chocolate. Reserve remaining chocolate for drizzling later. Set dipped donuts onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. While the chocolate-dipped donuts set, place all caramel ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
7. Spread caramel mixture on top of each donut. Sprinkle on coconut flakes and drizzle remaining chocolate.
8. Serve fresh or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.