You’re not even hungry, but your eyes are drawn to that beautiful bakery case. You’ve been lured in by the shelves of shiny, glazed tarts, which look too good to be real – let alone to eat! You just know someone spent hours slicing and arranging each piece of fruit. Or did they? The truth is, you could make a tart that tantalizing, too. When you skip the labor-intensive crust and swap it for a nut-based blend, those perfectly adorned desserts instantly feel more attainable. Top yours with in-season strawberries to complement the refreshing limeade flavor inside. Be careful, though. This time, there’s no glass to stop you from digging in.
Makes 8 tarts
Macros per ½ tart: 254 calories | 8.1 g protein | 24.4 g carbs | 16 g fat | 0 g sugar | 2 g fiber
6 oz. plain cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup coconut cream from canned coconut milk
1/4 cup Vitacost Xylitol
1 scoop ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and coat a mini tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all crust ingredients until crumbly.
- Evenly spoon crust into each tart well, pressing down with fingers to cover the bottom and sides.
- Bake crusts 10-15 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl or blender on low speed, whisk together filling ingredients (except strawberries) until smooth.
- Evenly spoon filling into each crust. Place in fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top tarts with sliced strawberries.