Baked chicken tenders might seem like the healthier option, but they just don’t have the same crunchy texture as fried ones. Can you retain that crunchiness without sacrificing health? Yep! These tenders are made with almond flour and turmeric, and they’re fried in coconut oil, so you get a dish that’s both satisfying and better for you. Serve them with fruit over a bed of greens and you get a comforting and nutritious meal.
1 lb. organic chicken breasts, cut into tender strips
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. Redmond Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper, optional
1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
1/4 cup almonds
6 cups of greens including kale, lettuce, spinach
1 cup seasonal fruits including clementine’s, grapes, strawberries
1 avocado, diced
4 lemon wedges, to serve
- Prepare chicken tenders. In a bowl, combine flour, turmeric, garlic salt, cayenne and black pepper. Transfer to plate.
- In small bowl, crack eggs and whisk with fork.
- Dip tenders into egg and coat well. Then dip into flour mixture and coat on all sides.
- In frying pan over medium heat, heat coconut oil. When oil is hot, place tenders in pan one by one. Let one side cook until golden brown and crispy. Flip and cook on other side.
- Prepare salad. In large bowl, combine salad ingredients and top with tenders. Dice chicken before adding to salad, if desired. Squeeze lemon over each serving.