Banana cream, coconut cream, lemon cream—no matter the flavor, typical cream pies have a few ingredients in common: milk, eggs and cream. In this pumpkin version of the luscious dessert, we’ve left out those ingredients in favor of healthier alternatives. Soaked cashes, pumpkin puree and coconut milk create a light and fluffy filling, while almond milk, coconut oil and white rice flour make up the flaky, gluten-free crust.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cream Pie
2-3 cups Vegan Whipped Cream
- Prepare filling. In a high-speed blender, process all ingredients including soaked cashews until smooth. Transfer to an airtight glass jar and chill in the fridge until ready. Filling will keep for about 5 days.
- Prepare crust. First, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar and coconut oil, slowly adding in milk until dough is flaky and crumbly.
- Transfer dough to a pie pan, evenly coating the bottom and the sides. Bake for 10-12 minutes. After baking, let crust cool for about 15-20 minutes before assembling.
- To assemble, evenly spread pumpkin filling over crust. Top with Vegan Whipped Cream.
- Chill for 2-4 hours before serving.