Apparently, when the gingerbread man ran away, he hid in this hot cocoa. There’s no doubt it’s that red-lipped cookie. All his sassy, energetic spices are blended into naturally sweet cocoa and buried under a layer of mini marshmallows. While you may not have caught the gingerbread man, your nose will catch ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg wafting around your kitchen. Drink up and let your taste buds enjoy it, too.
Makes 6 servings
Macros per serving: 144 calories | 6.3 g protein | 23.3 g carbs | 4.3 g fat | 16 g sugar | 2.5 g fiber
4-1/2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Cocoa Powder
1 scoop Garden of Life Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp. unsulfured molasses
2 tsp. Vitacost Organic Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
Mini marshmallows (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup cashew milk, cocoa powder, protein powder, maple syrup, molasses and spices. Stir until smooth and lump free.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add remaining 4 cups milk. Once milk is warm, pour chocolate mix into saucepan.
- Heat over stovetop, whisking occasionally until powders and spices are completely dissolved and steaming, about 6 minutes.
- Evenly pour hot cocoa into 4 mugs, top with marshmallows and shaved chocolate, if desired.
- Place pies in freezer for 2 hours. Can store in freezer for up to 2 months, or keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days.