Spiced to pumpkin-y perfection, this warm loaf features the best flavors of fall. The recipe takes basic banana bread and infuses it with the season’s prized squash, plus warming cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
Not a pumpkin fan? No problem! Use butternut squash instead for a fall-inspired banana bread! Feel free to get creative in the kitchen and add additional ingredients to the batter, such as nutmeg, orange zest or raisins.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp. water, prepared
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée (or homemade)
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly add prepared egg replacers and mix well. Add mashed bananas and pumpkin purée. Stir to combine.
In separate mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Add salt and mix.
Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and stir until just combined—do not over-mix.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until top is brown and the center of the cake comes out clean using a toothpick or butter knife. When ready, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Serve warm.
- DIY pumpkin puree: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut sugar pumpkin in half. Scoop out seeds and most of the stringy bits. Arrange on baking sheet or pan and roast for 45 minutes or until soft. Puree.
- If bread sticks to loaf pan, return to oven and bake longer. To test doneness, poke a few spots with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com.