You’re planning a big dinner party and you want to serve a side besides the standard vegetable and potato dishes. Corn casserole might cross your mind, but it’s packed with calories and carbs and doesn’t offer much in the way of nutrition. Instead, serve this warm corn salad with a simple combination of corn, coconut milk, roasted red peppers and fresh herbs. It’s quick and easy, but will wow your guests in a way that the old standards won’t.
3 fresh ears of organic corn on the cob or 2 cups of organic frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (chill in fridge first then scoop out solid coconut milk)
1/4 tsp. pink salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut corn kernels from cob.
- Add kernels to baking dish with red peppers and coconut milk. (You may need to cut cold coconut milk into cubes.) Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until corn is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley before serving.