Craving something different? Try these vegan, gluten-free stuffed mushroom caps at your next dinner party - they’ll satisfy your appetite and dazzle your guests!
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Coat shallow baking dish with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems and discard. Set caps aside.
- In small skillet, cook onions in olive oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until translucent.
- Add cooked black rice, quinoa, salsa, cashews, carrots, pepper and sea salt, cook 3-4 minutes or until warm, then remove from heat.
- Pack each mushroom cap with rice and quinoa mixture – don’t be afraid to overstuff!
- Place stuffed caps in shallow baking dish in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes at 350˚ F, uncovered.
- Remove from oven, then garnish with flaxseed meal and chives.