This unique recipe pairs the fruity sweetness of watermelon and tomatillos with fiery jalapeños for the perfect summer salsa. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips to spice up your next backyard party!
- Cut tomatillos into quarters.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add onions.
- Toss in tomatillos, jalapeños and garlic and sauté for several minutes, until garlic and onions start to brown.
- Reduce heat to low, add cumin and chili powder.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for several minutes (continue stirring).
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- Add watermelon chunks and puree in blender or food processor until well blended.
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper to taste