Smoothie bowls are a fun, colorful and healthy way to enjoy fruits and veggies, and that in itself is a calming, mindful eating experience. But this bowl also adds stress-relieving herbs and superfoods to the mix. Maybe we should call this a “soothie” bowl instead! A creamy blend of banana, cauliflower, sunflower seed butter, cacao and plant protein powder mixes with ashwagandha, spirulina, turmeric, flaxseed and more for a velvety chocolate base. Top it with chia and hemp seeds, cacao nibs and blueberries for a little textural crunch, and you’ve got a high-protein treat with omegas and adaptogens to help the body respond to stress. This bowl makes for a nourishing breakfast, a serene snack or a blissful end-of-day treat. No matter when you try it, know you’re supporting a healthy body, happy taste buds and a worry-free mind.
Calming Chocolate-Superfoods Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Tbsp. pHresh Products Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Organic Sunflower Butter
- 1 scoop Nutiva Chocolate Organic Plant Protein Superfood Smoothie powder
- 2 capsules Liana's Organics Anxiety-Free Supplement open capsules and use powder
Chia seed pudding
- 2-3/4 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-Based Milk
In small bowl, stir together chia seed pudding ingredients until well combined. Set aside to gel (about 5-10 minutes).
Add smoothie bowl ingredients to blender and mix until completely smooth. Pour into cereal or soup bowl.
Add toppings and chia seed pudding.