Would you like lime with your roasted chickpeas? Yes, please! In this recipe, the ever-popular healthy snack gets splashed with freshly squeezed lime juice and sprinkled with spices for an irresistible, tangy combination you won’t be able to stop eating. Take them with you if you’re exploring the great outdoors. Chickpeas are loaded with protein, but they won’t get squished and crumbly in a backpack the way bars will.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Spread out chickpeas on baking sheet. Squeeze one lime over top, shaking baking sheet to fully coat. Slowly sprinkle spices and seasonings, continuing to shake to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Shake up pan again and squeeze the second lime and a pinch more of salt.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot and with more lime juice or zest, if desired.