Keep calm and curry on. Protein-packed legumes, veggies and a blend of aromatic spices combine to create this comforting and totally satisfying curry stew. Delicious on its own or over rice, each bite is loaded with warm Thai-inspired flavor. For the ultimate dining experience, garnish your bowl with some cashew cream and fresh cilantro or scallions before you dig in.
Creamy Lentil Red Curry Stew
- 15 oz. northern white beans cooked and drained
- 15 oz. lentils cooked and drained
- 2 large carrots small cubed
- 2 cups sweet potatoes small cubed
- 28 oz. crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk or vegetable broth
- 4 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder adjust to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Blend white beans and coconut milk together until smooth; set aside.
In large pot over medium heat, sauté onions, carrots and potatoes 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir in garlic, curry powder and curry paste, continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in blended liquid, tomatoes and lentils; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Store leftovers in airtight container; refrigerate up to 7 days.