Cutting carbs doesn’t have to mean cutting out your favorite staple food. Chickpea “rice” is a delicious plant-based and low-carb alternative to regular rice. Give it a try with this veggie-packed, superfood-infused dish that’s a meal you can feel really good about enjoying.
Mushroom & Turmeric Chickpea “Rice”
- 2 cups Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Risoni prepared according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
- 2 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 carrot sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into bite-size pieces
In frying pan over medium heat, heat coconut oil. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, mushrooms, broccoli and carrots until golden brown.
Add rice to frying pan; stir fry until rice has turned yellow.