Welcome the fall season with this outstanding pumpkin baked oatmeal. Your family will love it as a warming breakfast or an afternoon snack with a cup of tea after a walk to look at the changing leaves. Lovingly put together with rolled oats, maple syrup, pumpkin, vanilla, walnuts and pumpkin spices, it offers wonderful autumn flavor in every bite. Drizzle vanilla icing on top and folks will sneak back for more. This slice of seasonal goodness is filling, healthy, nutritious and super simple to make.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2-½ cups Vitacost Non-GMO Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Baking Powder
- 1 cup Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-½ cups Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Simple Truth Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ cup chopped Nature’s Eats Walnuts
Cream cheese icing
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Simple Truth Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. coconut milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Whisk eggs into pumpkin mixture until incorporated.
To bowl, stir in pumpkin spice, sugar and baking powder until combined.
Fold in rolled oats and walnuts. The oatmeal mixture will be remain a bit runny.
Into 8- or 9-inch baking dish, pour mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown.
Let it cool for few minutes prior to frosting.
Cream cheese icing
In bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Using electric mixer, mix until creamy and well combined.
Drizzle cream cheese frosting over pumpkin oatmeal.
Slice into desired pieces and serve warm.
Store in refrigerator in airtight container for 3 to 5 days, or freeze up to 3 months.