This light yet flavorful soup might just become your new favorite belly-warming comfort food. It’s filled with a variety of healthy veggies simmered down together in a spicy broth. Perfect for cleaning out your fridge’s produce drawer, you can toss in whatever leftover veggies you have on hand for even more variety. Feel free to keep it mild or make it as knock-your-socks-off spicy as you like.
Spicy Cabbage Soup
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- 1/2" ginger peeled and shredded
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 32 oz. organic low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 head green cabbage chopped
- 2 carrots sliced into rounds
- 2 Roma tomatoes cubed
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- Chili powder to taste
- Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 lime
In large pot, heat avocado oil. Sauté garlic, ginger and onion until translucent. Stir in bell pepper and celery.
Add broth, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, scallions, chili powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to rolling boil.
Lower heat. Simmer until veggies are cooked to your liking, 30 to 60 minutes.
To serve, garnish with lime juice. Leftovers will keep in fridge 5 to 7 days.